Wednesday, November 5, 2008

the village

Life is never fair, and in this place one is reminded of that constantly, every single day.

Last week at the orphanage there was an outbreak of sickness; mostly malaria and typhoid. We took the kids to the hospital in a very small station wagon, 12 kids plus Sarah and I. It was pretty cramped, when I stood up to get out of the car my whole body was soaked with the sweat of the little girl, Miriam that was sitting on my lap. Her fever must have spiked during the ride.

Since then we have taken many trips back and forth to the hospital on boda boda. 2 of the kids were near death on one visit, it was so heartbreaking. Thanks to many prayers from you and the kids, they are all doing much better with the exception of Lunabi Sharon. Number two in her class I have never seen this girl well for more than a few hours, so please keep her in your prayers! Also if you remember Carl the South African man that took us to Bugiri, he is suffering from Malaria, so please pray for him as well.

Some good news is that Carl is taking us back to Kampala on the 11th. He has some high power pourage mixture that he wants me to sample. He has truly been a blessing to us.

Last but not least if any of you are following the Amber Volk Foundation on Facebook, a few people from African Leadership have contacted me and there is talk about helping the champions on the horizon! Praise God that he is helping us to raise awareness about this kids here in Uganda! Barrett Ward and Lavonne Stevens are going to be talking with me about possible options for where the money raised can be used, and though it is not a quick process, my hope is that we can bring better community development to this area, which will lead to bigger opportunities and education for the Champions I love so much!!!

Keep praying, god is listening. Thank you so much for reading. Many blessings.

Jes

1 comment:

shells said...

Dearest Jes
Know that my prayers are unceasing and God is faithful. I will keep praying for you and sarah and the champions i know you love so much. I am glad that you are staying healthy through all of the sickness. I will also be sure to pray for Carl. It sounds like you have got a plan in motion!!! Is there any thing that I can do here?? It sure would be nice to find a way to mail stuff, I could really get some things together. I love you very much Jes. Keep strong and healthy, the kids are counting on you.
love mom