Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Matt and Travis have departed...

Back to Bugiri

The boys left yesterday, Travis to Rome and Matt to Detroit then Kentucky! I miss them already. It was just so great to be able to share this experience with them, and the kids were so blessed to have them to spend so much time with.

So last night as I was enjoying a Guiness, brewed in Kampala, and eating vegetable curry rice at this really cool French Bistro; a older Mzungu pulled up in a white truck with a logo that said The New Forests Company. He immediately sat down at a table near mine and started cursing the traffic. He ordered a Bell and Tilapia with almond sauce (I was jealous).

So he seemed pretty easy to talk to and something inside me was urged to talk to him…in fact it was the Lord. He was like, talk to this guy Jes. So I waited a few minutes and then asked him what is The New Forests Co.?

He told me that they are planted Plantain farms at various locations in Uganda to help out the community. He asked me what I was doing here and I told him and he started talking about his company’s involvement with community development and orphanages. He actually has his main base in Bugiri but he is from South Africa.

He is such a strong Christian man. He told me all about his kids who are my age and his plan for the next few years. He is taking us to Bugiri on Wednesday because we aren’t able to use Peter’s car. He said that each month he donated 100,000 shillings a month as a tithe and he followed that with trying to give me the money right away to give to the orphans….I have found that God gave me a gift of fundraising even when I am not trying…I urged him to wait until he actually gets to see the Champions so that it will mean so much more to him….

I am so thankful that God gave me such an intuition to talk to this man, his name is Carl. I am hoping that meeting the Champions will bless his life. This world is just so small, God is always bringing such amazing people into my life.

Anyway I am going to Indian tonight with our Italian friends. I am so excited to get to have Indian in Africa!! It is my favorite.

Right now I am helping Sarah in the office, we are working on the monthly report, I will post it on this site when it is fully completed.

Thanks for reading. My main objective for the next 2.5 weeks that I am here is to connect with different organizations that will be able to help the champions while I am away. There is one called GOAL in Bugiri and many more in the surrounding area that may be able to help either with our potential feeding centers or The Home of Champions.

I am also going to try to visit the Kampala office of Invisible Children. I want to see what they are accomplishing here in town!

Again I miss the boys but I am also excited to get to spend individual time with Sarah and the kids. Keep praying for us, and also for my brother. He just completed a seminar called Landmark where you excavate your past…his ‘graduation’ ceremony is coming up or may have already happened. Please pray that God can transform his life in a new pure way, that he live the fullest life that God has intended for him. He is such an inspiration to my life and I just want God to bless him, and especially for him to regain his relationship with Christ. Thanks again. Many blessings.

~jes

2 comments:

Brandi said...

What a great meeting! How God is that? We'll be praying for his time at Champions and that those kids will just GRAB his heart!

Love on them for me, will ya? Have fun the next few days in Kampala too and tell Sarah we said hello. Oh yeah, also, I have a friend living in Kampala and working for Rafiki, she doesn't know hardly ANY girls her age and would love to get together with you and Sarah! Her number is 0772 700 557 if you are interested. She is amazing!

Love you girls!

Brandi

shells said...

you are so right about your gift for fund raising, Jes!! you are also very right about God placing amazing people in your path. YOU ARE AN AMAZING YOUNG WOMAN!!!! you are the amazing person God put in Carl's path. He brings you all together for his good purpose. i love you Jes, keep up the good work, here praying that God keeps you safe, and for all the champions and for Sarah. Lots of Love, mom